Hunter’s Point Kennel provides a written guarantee against genetic hip or eye disease for your puppy’s first 26 months. If the conditions of the guarantee are invoked, you may keep the original dog if you supply proof of sterilization, and we will give you another dog of equal or better breeding at no cost. Breeding the dog before 24 months of age will void the guarantee and you will be responsible for all shipping costs if applicable.
- The dog’s hips must be x-rayed between 24 and 26 months of age by an approved veterinarian, and x-rays sent to O.F.A. for examination. (Dogs over 26 months of age are not covered under this guarantee).
- If the dog was certified to be dysplastic, the owner must submit proof in writing from O.F.A. (a copy of O.F.A.’s certification) and from a veterinarian that the dog has been spayed or neutered.
- The dog must not be used for breeding until x-rayed and approved by O.F.A. If the dog is used for breeding or has been bred before being approved by O.F.A., guarantee is VOID.
- The dog must have its eyes examined by 1 years of age by a certified veterinary ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist must state in writing that the defect is definitely of a hereditary nature and not caused by injury or illness. Dogs over 18 months are not covered under this guarantee.
- No dog will be guaranteed unless it carries the HPK prefix or in the registered name with A.K.C.